Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our First House

Ok. Here are some pictures if I can get this thing to work. All of my photos are too high resolution usually so here goes nothing.......These are pictures of our first house during renovations. We bought it on March 27, 2008. We feel so at home here. It reminds me and mama of our old house in Sulphur Bluff. I cannot get a couple of the pictures to rotate. Jen...How do I rotate it?














Front of the house...before shutters were removed and nasty plants ripped out!















Me looking rough (as usual :). This is the first guestroom/office
















Mike ripping the plastic shutters off. We still have not gotten to the outside of the house, but I could not stand them any longer.















Mama and Daddy come over and help us all the time. This is the guest bathroom.














This is the second guest bedroom/Mama's room/Julie's room














This is the guest bathroom after the renovating. The walls are light blue. The accent color is chocolate brown. Since these pictures I have painted the cabinets cream color and have replaced the knobs with oil rubbed bronze ones.














Guest bathroom again minus cabinets painted and new hardware....another picture of this room
later.














This is the first guest room/office. Mikes dad gave him this desk a long time ago. I painted it chocolate brown.














This is the bed in the guest room/office. Graham wanted in the picture so I let him be part of the bed :)

I cannot find a picture of the other guest room/Mama's Room/Julie's Room. I thought I took one, but I guess not. It is finished so I will get one posted soon. We are currently working on our closet,bathroom, and bedroom. Mama and Sherri painted it while we were out of town. Mike pulled up the carpet today. That is nasty stuff. I hate carpet. I will post more pictures as we go through our renovation journey.

2 comments:

  1. It's a nice feeling to have a place of your own isn't it. I'm sure it is really hard work to get it just the way you want it but the outcome will be worth it!

    It does look a lot like yall's old house. Oh the memories.:)

    Make sure to send me your email so I can add you to my blog. jpostel1@luminant.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! You guys have made a lot of progress!
    To rotate the pics you will need to view them in windows (which version do u have?) Go to where they are stored on your computer and view them from windows and you can rotate them from the view screen. Email me if you need help :-)

    ReplyDelete