Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

I know I am working backwards on my posts, but I keep thinking of more things I need to catch you all up on. Thanksgiving was very different this year without Mike's mom, but I think we honored her very well. We drove down with my part of my fam-in-law (Chris, Sara, Julia, and Callie) to Mission where some of my other fam-in-law live (Sherry, Eric, Peyton, and Miranda). Mike's little brother Jon and his girlfriend Crystal drove down as well. I did make the trip longer than it would have been due to my frequent need to potty, but we made it there! We went on a walk, the kids played football with the guys and we went shopping. On Thanksgiving day we made lunch and Eric cooked the Turkey. Everything tasted so good. I know Judy was proud of all the cooking we did! We went to the ocean the day after Thanksgiving and spread Judy's ashes over the water. We got there just at sunset. It was so pretty and it was her favorite place and time of the day. Mike and I do miss her, but we try to remind each other when we get down that she is having a blast in heaven! Below are a couple of pictures from the trip.



Mike and I with niece Miranda. She looks like she belongs to us! No, Mike is not drugged.



Mike's brother Chris with nieces Julia, Callie, Peyton, and Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment