Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mason Is Here!!!

Mason was born on March 16th, 2010 at 4:16pm. He weighed 8lbs. and was 20 inches long. He is so precious and looks just like Mike! He has my lips and my nose from when I was a baby, but other than that he is all Mike. We scheduled an induction because my doctor was going out of town the weekend of Mason's due date. We went to the hospital at 5am on the 16th and the nurses started the medicine to make me have contractions. At 7:30am Dr. Vaughn broke my water. By 3pm...ish I had only dilated to a 3 and the he said I was having placental abruption which is when the placenta starts to separate and the baby has no where to go yet! So...I had to have a c-section. I was very nervous, but Mike was the best husband in the world. Even though he was nervous too he never let me know it. My aunt Sue got to be in the room with us during the surgery and that helped alot too because she worked in that department for 30+ years. I know I was the craziest patient because I kept asking the doctor and Sue is everything was going ok. I wouldn't just let them do their work! ha! I knew everything would be ok as soon as I heard Mason cry. It was just like who cares about anything else. I knew he was ok and that was all that mattered. Mike took him to the nursery and they got him all warmed up and then took him to the window so that our friends and family could see how handsome he was! Our stay at the hospital was kind of rough because I was drugged most of the time so we were very glad to get home. Thanks to my sister-in-law Sherry and my mom we made it through those first days. My mom and dad still come over every day or so and are the biggest help! Aunt Rachel is now called the baby whisperer and Aunt Cake. Every time she touches that baby he is quiet! And...Sunday she was making a cake and Mason wanted to taste the icing so bad...one day :) Mason is doing very well and even went on his first walk yesterday! We could not be happier with our sweet little gift from God! P.S. Graham and Isabella love Mason too! Graham is the protector and will not sleep unless Mason is sleeping. We call them our three little pigs because they all snort! Below is the link to some pictures...enjoy!

http://pbckt.com/sm.d570

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mallory! He's just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to have a c-section, but glad it all turned out okay. Keep those maternity and sweat pants handy. My incision is still pretty sensitive and Tinsley just turned 4 months old yesterday! It flies by quickly!!! He is just precious and we can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete